Life’s A Pain In The Gut

Jan 12, incessant pain in my stomach and back/shoulder blades, plus some chest pain now and again.  I figured it would go away soon, but I was wrong…

The 13th and 14th were the same.  Non-stop nagging pain, I couldn’t get comfortable, I couldn’t sleep worth a crap, when I did get semi comfortable I’d wake up in pain, so that was no fun.

Finally I called the doctor on Friday and told her my symptoms and made an appointment, but of course I couldn’t get in until Tuesday.  I’d contemplated going to the ER over the course of the week but I didn’t really feel like sitting there for hours on end, but I was awfully damn close to going.

I missed seeing one of my best friends Saturday and I missed going to Victors birthday party and that really pissed me off because I’d been looking forward to a night out.  Instead I laid around here, sometimes on the couch, sometimes on my bed and I tried to do as little as possible but it pretty much felt like someone had an elbow in between my shoulder blades and a heel in my gut and they weren’t budging.

I survived the weekend and once Tuesday finally came along and I had my appointment, after telling my doctor my symptoms and finishing my sentence with “and it’s probably my damn gall bladder!”  She shook her head in agreeance and explain to me what was probably going on inside me.  Then she sent me to the hospital for some blood tests and to schedule an ultrasound to check for gall stones.  I went back to the hospital at 7:30 Friday morning to find out that I do indeed have a gall stone…

A 3cm gall stone in fact.  For those of you that don’t want to bust out any conversions, 3 centimeters = 1.18 inches, so that’s a pretty good sided stone.  Definitely big enough to cause a lot of pain.  I called my doctor Friday to see about scheduling a follow up appointment after she was able to look at the results and was informed that “further imaging is suggested.”  I’m not so thrilled about that but whatever, just get this crap over and done with already.  I went ahead and made an appointment for this coming Tuesday to go over the results and see what the next step is going to be.

At least I haven’t been in nearly as much pain as I was the first week, but I’m aware that this is only the calm before the storm…


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s